? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why I Watch "reality" Television.

As much as I crave a new episode of Desperate Housewives each Sunday night at 9 p.m. on ABC (just in case you want to check it out!), watching the two hour season finale tonight made me realize exactly WHY I watch "reality" television shows. (those are sarcastic quotes since most "reality" is scripted now days)

Anyway, the final episode of DH tied up all the loose ends from this season. Who ran over Mike a couple of years ago, why the biological daughter of Katherine disappeared, how they were able to kill of the drug dealer and so on and so on. Then like a bat outta hell, in the last minute of the show they fast forwarded five years later. Gabrielle now had 2 kids, Susan had a new husband and Bree had her previous man back. WHAT?! I could hurt the writers of that show!

I despise loose ends, incomplete tasks and cliffhangers in my life. I can't stand not knowing all the details and making sure they are compatible with each other. For example, we decided on a location for my son's 6th birthday party in September. Since we got that far, I immediately had to open up a Word Document to make the guest list, calculate extra costs and settle on what food would be served. Another illustration of this 'defect' of mine, is a possible cruise coming up in November. POSSIBLE is not a word I use very often. I need facts people! A friend mentioned this Mexican cruise to me a few weeks ago and I'm just about to go insane waiting for a final answer from my husband. I feel the need to have cabins booked, babysitter scheduled and bathing suits picked out - NOW NOW NOW!.

Coming off that tirade makes me realize why I enjoy so much "reality" television. At the end of the series, I know who the winner of American Idol is. There is clarity on who the newest Bachelor has chosen for his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend. I'm able to sleep more soundly at night knowing who gets to be the boss at Chef Ramsay's newest 5 star restaurant.

And it doesn't even bother me knowing that the producers most likely set up the fire in the kitchen or kept the most dramatic contestant from being eliminated just to increase ratings. I guess I'm helping them reach their ultimate goal... Not sure whether to feel guilty about the instant gratification I get or satisfied for contributing to someone keeping their job.

So until September, I will spend a few extra minutes each day trying to shoo away that nagging feeling of what happened during that five year fast forward of Desperate Housewives.
In the meantime, I'm turning on Dancing With The Stars...........

1 comments:

DIY REDS! said...

Does this obsession have anything to do with your closet that houses all your unfinished projects? Maybe this deeper than you realize. jk. it must be a mom thing with not being able to finish everything you want to because you have to feed your kids everyday. i find that murder shows are kind of the same. the bad guy is caught by the end of the show and the world is safe until next week. talk to you later.
amy