? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Was Lucky Just Once Today ~

It was cold in Bakersfield today... a nice cold. My favorite kind of day. The kind of day in the beginning of Fall where you can finally wear a cozy sweater and your ol' trusty pair of jeans. For those of you that know me all too well, you won't be surprised to hear that I was still traipsing around in capris and flip flops.

I blame the "cold" for the fact that NO ONE in my house wanted to wake up this morning. Except Mitchell. He wanted to wake up at 5 a.m. and stay awake until 7:30 - the time that I should have actually woken up in the first place. After dropping off Andrew at Kindergarten and Kaitlynn at preschool, it was my twice weekly (and well deserved I might add) "ME" time. What did I want to do with this precious "ME" time? First, I think I'll treat myself to breakfast. I started heading for McDonald's (even though you know Del Taco would have been my first choice) but then decided against it after remembering I had a Starbucks gift card in my wallet. YES! Jackpot! a free cup of caffeine. What could be more perfect? Off to the 'Bucks I go. It has to be a drive thru because I didn't want to get the baby out of the car in his carrier; that thing's already done a number on my right elbow and right knee. But alas - most of Bakersfield had the same idea. The 'Bucks line was longer than I would have guessed. Okay fine. Burger King it is. After staring at the picture menu and deciding on a Double Croissanwich meal with no meat, the first thing the drive thru lady asks me is "Can you please pull up to the window?" .... Now that doesn't sound good. Turns out their credit card machine isn't working and as always I have no cash on hand. UGH Fine. I'll settle for Carl's Jr... I drive a little further North. CRAP I'm not on the right street, and I'm really not in the mood to make a U-Turn - too much work. So I took a hint - Just wasn't meant to be. I head back to the housework that I was probably subconciously avoiding in the first place.

Well that gravitational pull that was telling me I should have been doing laundry, dishes and unpacking just wasn't very strong - I ended up having a 2 hour date with my Tivo. I was 2 weeks behind on Brothers and Sisters. Does anybody watch that show? It is SOOOOO good. I cry at some point during every episode, I can't help but look like a blubbering idiot while watching it each week. It's an emotional show, in happy ways and sad ones. I think it hits home for me because I grew up with a big family. I wouldn't have had it any other way. The memories during the holidays are irreplaceable.... and since my husband won't agree to a menagerie of kids, I'll just have to watch one on T.V. each Sunday night... Or Monday morning, thanks to Tivo ;)

So 11:40 a.m. came, which is the time I normally leave to pick up Kaitlynn from preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But a friend called at 11:39 and needed a favor. I ran like a mad woman to finish it only to have him say "nevermind". I was 10 minutes late picking up Kaitlynn, 10 minutes late picking up Andrew and when we came home - whew - my kids spent 3 1/2 hours in their rooms. That time was a balanced mixture of cleaning, time outs and really working my nerves. The second I said dad was coming home - VOILA - clean. Next was dinner...

Our Microwave/Oven combination is not working right now so dinners have been a bit difficult to come up with seeing as everything has to be cooked on a stovetop. I decided on spaghetti and salad tonight. I pulled out a bag of Barilla Plus Angel Hair (our absolute favorite!) and apparently the tiny pinhole in the bag wasn't strong enough to hold the weight of the pasta - the entire contents spilled out onto the floor in the pantry. DOUBLE CRAP. Dinner's ruined. ooooooh WAIT - I found a "back up" pasta supply. Only enough left for one meal. During dinner and the making of it, the can opener splattered crushed tomatoes on me, the sink sprayer drenched the arm of my sweater and my 2 1/2 year old basically threw her bowl of spaghetti on the floor underneath the dining room table. When it was my turn to eat the kids were playing a "repeat" game. Or if they weren't - they sure fooled me. "Can I have more spaghetti?" "Can I have more spaghetti?" "Can I have more spaghetti?" is all I heard for 10 minutes or so. After getting through all that, I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's time to clean up dinner, get the kids in bed early and finish up my "ME" time for the day. Nope, can't do that. Baby needs to be fed - for probably the billionth time in the last 24 hours.

So they are finally in bed and here I am on my laptop, sitting on my new cushy furniture with all 3 of my kids asleep - can it get more perfect? I start my blog about my terrible day and how EVERYTHING went wrong and can you guess what happens next? My laptop craps out on me in the middle of this very blog. You've got to be kidding me???! Once I get it restarted and get back to this site, I realize that the site AUTOMATICALLY SAVES EACH DRAFT FOR YOU!!! Okay - so one thing DID go right today! Yahoo!

Maggio la mia notte รจ migliore del mio giorno.

0 comments: