? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, October 8, 2007

I Have Become My Mother.

Today was just messed up from the moment I got out of bed.... which happened to be at 7:50 a.m., which also happens to be 10 minutes before we need to leave to walk Andrew to school - crap. I ran around like a crazy woman (as I do each morning) and got some clothes on everyone that I could pass off as clean. Next battle - lunch. His lunch box was in my car and it would take way too long to go out to get it and clean it out from being in there all weekend. Plus, once I actually got it in my house, there'd be nothing to put in it but cheez-its and moldy grapes.... so I decided on hot lunch for him today.... Only he's out of lunch tickets - crap. We finally make it out of the house around 8:05 and walk to the back gate of the school. As luck would have it the "gate-opening-lady" must have called in sick because there were about 75 students just hanging out around the back entrance. Once we made it through that obstacle, Andrew, Kaitlynn, Mitchell and I literally ran (ok, not Mitchell) to the cafeteria as fast as our hiny's would take us. A line. Again. UGH Luckily Andrew makes it to class before the late bell rings at 8:19. Whew - now his teacher won't think I'm a total nut job, just a little crazy in the head. On the way back down to our house I see a mom complaining to the principal about the back gate not being opened on time... and for a split second, I felt sorry for Mrs. Miller. She must be having a bad day. She has to listen to complaints all day long - oh wait, that's what I do too.

Only thing on my agenda for this afternoon was to shower, eat lunch and pay a visit to Bakersfield's water company. Shower and lunch were uneventful, just the way I like things these days. The water company on the other hand - well, It's in an area we don't travel often. I had looked up directions on Mapquest, and of course with how terrible I am with maps and such I had to ask my good friend Carla for help. She gets me through it and off the two youngest kids and I go. We get there, (after a few wrong turns and U-turns of course) and grab the very last parking spot. Because in a city of 370,000 people, some genious thought the water company's parking lot only needs 7 parking stalls. I unload Mitchell in his carrier, my purse, the diaper bag, the papers I need for this transaction and my 36 pound 2 1/2 year old "baby". We trek ourselves over to the front door and lo and behold - it's closed for Columbus Day. Of course it is. That's why the "gate-opening-lady" wasn't at school today! She must be Italian. So back home we went........

Tonight was supposed to be Cory and I's first Weight Watchers meeting, but unfortunately we weren't able to round up a sitter. So tomorrow is the night - we swear. Speaking of Cory, he went out with the older two for a couple gallons milk, and came home with new pajamas for me. They're pink and pants - can't get much closer to perfect for me. After eating a late dinner and getting the monsters in bed I go into my bathroom and get them on. Okay - so they are a little warm for the weather right now, but damn if they aren't the most comfortable pajamas I've ever had on - Brushed knit pants with a long sleeve scoop neck top. Kind of like your most trusty pair of winter sweats. I walk into my bedroom stepping over piles of really dirty laundry (tomorrow is the day - I swear), a bottle of Satsuma lotion Kaitlynn insisted on playing with and the remote control so that I can grab a cute pink rubber band off my dresser. Awwwww - look at me, my accessories and clothing match for the first time in 6 weeks. I manage to get my rat's-nest-looking hair into a ponytail and look up, only to be facing the largest mirror in our house. One look in that sucker and first thing that comes to my head -Oh My God - I Have Become My Mother.

Don't we all swear that's the last thing we'll ever do ?? Is be like our moms. But it's inevitable and unavoidable. It creeps up on you in between changing diapers and 3 am feedings.......kind of the same way a bad cold, or your baby's high school graduation does. WAAAAHHHH !! Only 13 years until my baby boy's high school graduation.....

I can't take credit for this quote - but it's my favorite - "When you are a parent, the days are long, but the years are short" How appropriate for a day like today.

I'm going to retreat to my couch for a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and last night's episode of Desperate Housewives - aahhhh Heaven In Tivo.

giorno di Columbus felice.

2 comments:

CarlaMom2AnSnM said...

Awwww, I love that quote!! Isn't it the truth sometimes?!?!?!

Megan said...

I hope you have a better day tomarrow!!!